Drop Down Menu

Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Review Crash Dive (1997): It dove alright, so deep that it did not manage to surface!

genre: action, adventure,





Crash Dive has to be one of the worst Die Hard clones I have ever seen. And to my surprise, Michael Dudikoff was unable to make the viewing experience more enjoyable. Granted, he is not helped by the lack of creativity and imagination on the director's part. 

Andrew Stevens who also is an actor fails to bring something fresh to the table, which in itself is not that much of a big deal if it weren't for the fact that the plot and action never is exciting or thrilling. Films like these have to have some sense of threat and urgency. And Andrew Stevens does not know how to deliver that. Most events regarding Dudikoff are ridiculous in a very bad way. Now, I knew beforehand that this was going to be a bad film. Still, I had hoped that the cast would revel in it and make the most of it. Damn my luck for the actors taking everything too seriously. Except for maybe Christopher Titus. But in the end, the biggest letdown is the lack of enjoyable action. It's so generic that at one point you wish it would be over already. The duration of the film is only 90 minutes, but it felt much longer than that. 

Is it really that bad? Yes, it is. Production and visual wise, it looks decent enough. But everything is so dull and average that there simply is no fun to be had at all. Seriously, don't bother with this one! 






Also check:





2 comments:

Unknown said...

I THOUGHT THIS CRITIC MUST HAVE HAD A PERSONAL AGENDA.(A FEUD WITH ANDREW STEVENS, PERHAPS? I ENJOYED THE MOVIE. WAS IT THE BEST MOVIE I HAVE EVER WATCHED? NO; BUT, IT WAS CERTAINLY WORTH THE PRICE OF ADMISSION. I OWN IT; AND, I HAVE SEEN IT MANY TIMES. I STILL ENJOY WATCHING IT;AND, I HOPE YOU WILL ALSO. POPCORN, ANYONE?

chrichtonsworld.com said...

Personal agenda? Nope, I told the truth. If I can find something enjoyable about a film I will mention it. But there was nothing.


Trailers

Newsletter

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER

Join us for free and get valuable content delivered right through your inbox.



Contact

Reviews Netflix Originals

Archive


Popular Posts

FOLLOW US